Well, do you ever feel like your brain is spinning!?! We have been out of school officially for about 2 weeks. In the last 2 weeks, I have had 2 awesome days of Leader In Me Training with staff members from our school and our sister school, 3 days of intense thinking on the common core math standards, a presentation for how I used technology last year in kindergarten, and trying to help my son get packed for his move to Texas. This week doesn't look to be too much less...1 day of Leader in Me Training, 1 day of Math common core standards Planning, helping Jacob pack, and preparing for Vacation Bible School the following week. SO, I am looking forward to my summer beginning soon!!
With my Math Common Core Standards meeting, another kindergarten teacher and I were in charge of:1. Taking the kindergarten math standards and choosing priority standards and supporting
2. Typing up KUD (Know, Understand, and Do) charts for kindergarten
3. Creating Pre and Post Tests for kindergarten students to help support a year's growth for each
student to help us design our groups
4. Creating assessments that will be used for the grade cards(which will need to be revamped)
5. Aligning our math series, Growing With Math, with the priority/supporting standards so that we
know what lessons we need to supplement
6. Mapping out our year long study of how to spiral many of the priority/supporting standards
throughout the year using blooms taxonomy.
Now with all of that said, I had better get busy here real soon with organizing my August/September Math files. So look forward to seeing ideas on 2-D shapes and Numbers 0-10 focus. Once we get everything typed up, we will share with you so that we can get other ideas from you!!
One question I do have and would LOVE comments from is does your district do pre/post testing in Math for students. If so, how do yours look, how often do you give them?
Enjoy your Father's Day with your family!!